| Country Contest 4|
|Number of entries||17|
|Returning countries|| Albania|
|Withdrawing countries|| Belgium|
Country Contest 4 Edit
The 3rd Country Contest will be held in Reykjavik, Iceland after their victory in the 3rd edition, a 5 point margin from the runnerup United Kingdom.
- San Marino
Icelandic broadcaster RUV never released the full results, stating that it would just cause more withdrawals. As a result, only the top 3 were announced. The CCU later released the full results on 24 June 2016 for statistical purposes; but points remained unknown.
On 1 November 2017, the CCU released the long-awaited full results with the points of each countries being revealed. Despite only 17 countries voting, the last placed countries did not receive nul points.
- Georgia - GPB, who "secretly" betrayed CT and SRF, has decided enough as no position is changing. A return is not possible in the near future.
- Latvia - LTV withdraws due to low rating & results in the contest. A return is not possible soon.
- Lithuania - LRT stated that they participated 3 times, and is now the lowest average country who participated in all 3 editions. LRT says this low result is getting irritating and therefore the country will withdraw. A return is not possible in future editions.
- Lebanon - Lebanese broadcaster is complaining of "political voting" in the contest, and withdraws for many editions to come.
- Morocco - Moroccan broadcaster says no to this contest, a return is not possible in future. editions.
- Norway - Norwegian broadcaster decided to withdraw due to low results. They have suggested SVT to withdraw due to being "extremely underrated by Europe". SVT said no.
- United Kingdom - Despite getting a 2nd place with a 5 point margin, BBC have failed to get many ratings therefore have decided to withdraw.
Orignal country contest cancellation Edit
The CCU, have finally been able to speak out regarding their frustration over it:
GPB, which we have to thank for calling it the end of the contest, is just amazing! Everyone who gets bad results, we're sorry, but is there anything we can do about it? We're not going to rig the voting for your pleasures. UK just announced their withdrawal, what... We can't be seeing this.. We have decided that a big announcement will be made!